Popcorn Time PS3 and PS4 – 5 Minutes Guide for Installation
PS3/PS4 are famous gaming consoles that act as an online service and a media center too. This makes it an all-rounder for many. You can play your favorite games whenever you want to, while also leveraging entertainment via movies/TV shows. Are you trying to get Popcorn Time PS3 and PS4? If so, then read this detailed guide from Popcorn Time VPN
Is Popcorn Time PS4 Download App Available?
Though Popcorn Time offers multi-platform support, there is no dedicated app available for PS4. Sony uses quite the strict app-signing process, which disallows using software that implement BitTorrent protocols. However, there is a workaround to using PT, which we will discuss further in the article.
Popcorn Time PS3 Download App
Similar to its successor, there is no app available for PS3 gaming consoles. This means, you cannot just install PT on the device to watch movies/TV shows. You need to opt for another route, which involves the installation of the “Plex” media player.
How to Setup/Install Popcorn Time PS3 and PS4
Follow the steps below to start streaming Popcorn Time on your PS4/PS3:
- Install the PT app on your Windows, Mac or Linux PC.
- After completion, install the “Plex” media player.
- Launch the PT app and select “Settings” on the top right corner.
- Now, click on the “Show Advanced Settings” option.
- Scroll down until you find “Cache Directory”.
- Go to “Users/Username/Documents”.
- Create a folder named “PT Streaming App”.
- Launch the Plex software and click on the “Plus Sign”.
- This will add a new library. Select “Movies”.
- Set the path to “Cache Directory”.
- Open terminal by typing “ifconfig” (MAC).
- Search for your IPv4 address and note it down.
- Copy/paste the address in your PS4/PS3’s internet browser.
- At the end of the IPv4 address add: “:34000/home/index.html”.
- The Plex Interface combined with PT will activate on PlayStation.
- Enjoy streaming movies/TV shows on your gaming console!
Popcorn Time PS4 and PS3 Reddit
You can find many threads on Reddit, which discuss the gaming console and the unavailability of a PT app for it. Many users are looking forward to developers to build an app suited for PlayStation, but we assume that would take some time. Below are some comments from Redditors: