Popcorn Time Android – 3 Minutes Setup/How To Installation Guide 2018
When it comes to leveraging entertainment on your Android devices, users have plenty of options available. Among these, include the hit streaming platform, Popcorn Time. The software transforms any device (tablet, laptop, and Smart TVs) into a cinema for watching your favorite movies/TV shows. You can gain access to premium content from Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, and others FREE of cost! Are you looking for ways to get Popcorn Time on Android tablets, mobiles, and TVs? If so, then read this comprehensive guide from PopcornTimeVPN!
Popcorn Time Android Guide for 2018
Thanks to its intuitive UI, easy-to-use design, and convenient policies regarding the installation of 3rd party apps, Android has gained huge fame in the marketplace, boasting a reputation as the best OS in the world of smartphones. However, now the OS even supports other technologies to provide your assistance in your daily life, available on laptops, tablets, and even on Smart TVs!
This makes Popcorn Time quite the remarkable choice for Android, as you can use it across all devices, without encountering software installation hassles prominently found in iOS, Mac, and other Apple technologies. It does not matter if you are using Gingerbread, Honeycomb, KitKat, or the latest OREO – you can find compatible versions of PT for all Android version (from 2.0 to 8.1)!
Popcorn Time Android Download
Now, you are probably wondering, how to download PT on Android – if the app is not available on the Google Play Store. This is quite a petty concern, as you can find different versions of PT for Android, all over the internet – as many developers have taken on the project from its open-source Github code!
Two of the most famous, include Popcorn-time.to and Popcorntime.sh, both of which offer dedicated apps available for download on their website. You can then begin using them easily by activating apps from trusted and “unknown sources” in the settings!
How to Install Popcorn Time on Android
Installing Popcorn Time on Android does not require any rocket science. Nevertheless, below we have highlighted each step for installing PT (.to version) in detail. In circumstances; you face troubles or get stuck in any step, you can also find relevant screenshots attached for guiding you throughout the process. Thank us for the efforts later!
- Launch any browser and enter https://popcorn-time.to in the URL bar.
- If you want to receive notifications from popcorn-time.to, tap on “Allow”.
- If not, then simply press “Block” and hit the “Download Beta 3.0.0” button.
- Since you are downloading the .apk file manually and not from the Google Play Store.
- You will get a warning prompt. Hit the “Ok” button to continue the process.
- Once the file is downloaded successfully, click on the “popcorntime.apk” file.
- You will get an “Install Blocked” notification since the app is from a third-party service.
- Tap on “Settings” to continue the installation process.
- Enable Installation of apps from both trusted and “unknown sources”.
- You will get a warning prompt. Tap on “Allow Installation” and then on “Ok”.
- Hit the “install” button for the app to sign and create directories safely.
- Wait for the process to complete and then tap on “Open”.
- Enjoy streaming movies/TV shows via Popcorn Time on your Android smartphone!
Popcorn Time Android App Review
Is Popcorn Time Android app safe? Can you watch movies/TV shows anonymously? Yes, you most certainly can, and the software is completely safe too. There are no viruses whatsoever and both Popcorn-Time.to and .sh versions have their own FASTEST VPN. The screenshot you see below is of the .to version. As you can see, its appearance resembles that of Netflix, boasting neat and clean thumbnails.
The screenshot you see below is of the Popcorntime.sh version on Android. When compared to the .to version, this app proves to be a little less attractive. However, it offers more functionality in. You can beam your Android screen to devices connected to the same network. At the same time, you have a dedicated torrents search page, where you can find content that is not available on PopcornTime itself.
Popcorn Time Android Chromecast
Most Android phones, especially those made from Samsung – usually come equipped with Chromecasting features. Just simply open the tools menu and tap on “Screen Mirroring” to display your Android UI on another device. As a second option, you can opt to use the PopcornTime.sh “beam” feature:
- Select any movie that you want to watch from the list. We choose “Thor: Ragnarok”.
- You will see a “Cast” icon, on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap it and select the TV or device you want to “Beam” the PopcornTime screen to.
- Enjoy watching the movie on a larger screen!
Popcorn Time Android VPN
When it comes to using a VPN for streaming pirated movies/TV shows on Popcorn Time, the app developers got you covered concerning safety too. Both .to and .sh versions come equipped with a VPN feature that you can activate, after paying a monthly or yearly subscription. The .to version has an integrated Popcorn Time VPN service, which encrypts all incoming and outgoing data from within the app. It costs around $12 monthly and $69 annually (52% discount).
Things work a little different for the Popcorntime.sh version. Rather than integrating a VPN into the application, the developers decided to form a partnership with VPN.ht. Though the name is not exactly famous, it is the official VPN for PopcornTime.sh, meaning you receive the utmost level of protection online. However, if you do not want within-app protection only and want to protect your entire network, do check out names like PureVPN, ExpressVPN, and NordVPN.
Why is a VPN necessary? The increase in DMCA notices for streaming pirated content is becoming monotonous. If you want to protect your identity when watching your favorite movies/TV shows online, it is vital to use a VPN. By masking your IP address and activated military-grade encryption, you can feel assured no government agency, local ISP, or copyright infringement hunter can track your activity unless they contact the provider themselves and ask to reveal logging details.
How to Install Popcorn Time on Android Tablet
When it comes to installing Popcorn Time on an Android tablet, you can follow the abovementioned steps. The OS welcomes 3rd party applications across a range of devices, meaning it does not matter if you are using a smartphone, Smart TV, or tablet, as the process will most likely be the same i.e. visit Popcorn-time.to or .sh, download the .apk file, enable apps from “unknown sources” and hit the install button!
Popcorn Time Android TV
Previously, installing the PopcornTime application was incredibly easy. You could find the software on Google Play Store. However, ever since Popcorn Time has become a target of various copyright infringement agencies around the world, Google Play Store was forced to remove it. Now, the best way to install PopcornTime on Android TVs is to open up your browser and download the .apk file manually.
Popcorn Time Android Reddit
As mentioned in other blogs, Popcorn Time developers have a very active presence on Reddit, always ready to answer questions/concerns regarding the app. There is a dedicated profile, where you can find troubleshooting tips and ways to protect your privacy online. Below is a comment from a Redditor who got a DMCA notice. He advises others to use a VPN for protection online!
Popcorn Time Alternatives for Android
The best part about using Android is that you have a huge collection of apps available on the Google Play Store, which offer you compatibility and access to pirated movies. If PopcornTime stops working due to some reason, you can always rely on these popcorn time alternatives for keeping your entertainment time in check:
- Mobdro – Quite similar to PopcornTime, allowing users to watch movies/TV shows, even sports, and live videos on a single platform.
- Shudder – The website and app is perfect for those who want access to a dedicated database of horror movies/TV shows!
- Terrarium TV – Another replica of the PopcornTime app, you can watch high-quality 720p and 1080p movies with subtitles and choices of dubbing.
- Popcornflix – This app gives you access to a directory of over 700 films, which star some of the biggest celebrities in Hollywood.
- CinemaBox – Boasting a similar appearance to the PopcornTime.sh variant, CinemaBox offers quality collections to keep you entertained!
Popcorn Time Android Not Working
If you are facing trouble in making the app work, have no worries! Try reinstalling the application and see if the problem gets fixed. If not, mention the exact error you receive in the comments below and we will try our best to get the issue reported.
Wrapping Things Up
We hope the above guide from PopcornTimeVPN.org helps you understand how to install Popcorn Time on all Android devices. Feel free to share the article with your friends and family members, who are fans of streaming movies/TV shows and enjoy binging throughout the day. If you face any troubles though, do comment below. Have a nice day!