How to Install Popcorn Time on Kodi – A Guide to Setup in Just 3 Minutes
Launched in 2014, Popcorn Time is a streaming app that uses BitTorrent technology for grabbing links to movies/TV shows. It boasts a similar appearance to Netflix with an intuitive layout and large thumbnails. You can also view movie ratings, trailers, and brief descriptions of content directly within Popcorn Time VPN. For more information on how to install Popcorn Time on Kodi, continue reading the guide below:
Popcorn Time Kodi AddOn
The Kodi Popcorn Time add-on utilizes the same backend P2P technology, as the official software. It scrapes content from popular torrent websites, which enables users to display and stream shows sequentially. This removes the need for individual resolvers used by Genesis, Exodus and similar forks.
Created by Markop159, the Popcorn Time add-on can let you watch nearly anything, at the utmost level of convenience. Are you planning to install the extension? Continue reading this guide for the necessary instructions to use Popcorn Time on Kodi Krypton V17 and Jarvis V16.
How to Install Popcorn Time on Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Higher
- Open the Kodi V17 application and click on the “Gear” to enter settings.
- From the list of settings, select “File Manager” on the bottom left corner.
- Scroll down in the left column and select “Add source”.
- Double-click on “<None>” to enter the media source location.
- Copy/paste http://dimitrology.com/repo into the URL bar and name the media source “Dimitrology”.
- Return to the main menu and select “Add-ons”.
- On the top left corner of the page, click on the “Package” symbol.
- Scroll down and click on the “Install from Zip File” option.
- Find the media source you added earlier titled “Dimitrology”.
- From the list of options, select “kodipopcorntime.repository-1.0.0.zip”.
- Wait until you see the “Add-on installed” notification and click on “Install from Repository”.
- From the list of repositories, select the one titled “Markop159 Repository”.
- Click on the “Video add-ons” option.
- You will now see the “Kodi Popcorn Time” add-on.
- Press the install button and select the latest version available.
- Enjoy using the Popcorn Time add-on for watching movies/TV shows.
How to Install Popcorn Time on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- Open the Kodi V16 application
- Click on “System” and then “File Manager”
- Select ‘Add Source’ and double-click “None”
- Enter the following: http://dimitrology.com/repo
- Name the media source “Dimitrology” and select OK
- From the home screen, go to “System” > “Settings” > “Add-ons”
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ and select “Dimitrology”
- Click on “kodipopcorntime.repository-1.0.0.zip” to install
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Select “Install from repository” and choose “Markop159 Repo”
- Head to Video Add-ons and select Kodi Popcorn Time
- Hit the install button!
Popcorn Time Kodi Download Zip File URL
If the above method does not work successfully, you can always choose to install the Popcorn Time Kodi add-on from the zip file directly. This process tends to be a lot easier and rids the hassle of adding multiple sources. Follow the instructions below:
- Download the Kodi Popcorn Time repo from here
- Open the Kodi application and select “Add-ons”
- Click on the “Package” symbol on the top left corner
- Select the “Install from Zip” file option and locate the file you downloaded
- It will be named “plugin.video.kodipopcorntime.repository-1.1.0”
- Wait for the “Markop159 Repository Installed” notification
- Click on the “Install from Repository” and select “Markop159”
- Select “Video Add-ons” and then “Kodi Popcorn Time”
- Hit the install button and enjoy watching free movies/TV shows!
Popcorn Time Kodi Not Working/Errors/Fixes/Issues
Oftentimes, when you download and install add-ons, you may encounter issues. Below are a few common ones associated with the Popcorn Time extension, along with tips to fix them.
Add-on Not Installed
Many users have encountered this error, when trying to install the Popcorn Time add-on from the Markop159 Repo via the “add-source” method. The fix is to consider downloading the zip file directly and then load it in Kodi.
Failed to Install Dependency
If you see this error, it is a clear sign that your Kodi is filled with broken or no longer responsive repositories. To fix it, you must clear the Kodi app from all old repos, which do not work anymore. As another option, consider using the Indigo toolkit to clear cache and other data.
Popcorn Time Kodi Reviews
Popcorn Time and Kodi are both incredibly popular names in the free streaming industry. When combined, the benefits you receive are unfathomable, as you can watch all your favorite movies/TV shows at the ultimate convenience. And, we can see a user agreeing with this point in the tweet below.
Popcorn Time is probably the comfiest way of watching shows and movies. Especially when paired with a kodi box.
— 8sync (@8synced) October 30, 2017
Here is another tweet from a user, who talks about the importance of software like Popcorn Time and Kodi in light of the increasing list of proprietary streaming services. You may cut the cord, but you will still be paying a lot more, especially if you want to view content from Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc.
This why you gotta get shit like Popcorn Time and Kodi. Free cable tbh https://t.co/mgIFxiv3FT
— erin (@rudeyhuxtable) September 8, 2017
Is Popcorn Time Kodi Safe without VPN?
Given that Popcorn Time uses P2P technology combined with streaming capabilities, the need for a VPN solution is crucial. You would not want to get stuck in copyright infringement hassles. Below is the best provider you can sign up with to use Popcorn Time Kodi with an ease of mind!
Wrapping Things Up
We hope this guide helps you understand how to install Popcorn Time on Kodi. Nevertheless, if you encounter any issues in the process, do not hesitate on commenting below. Also, feel free to share the article with your friends and family members. Enjoy streaming movies/TV shows FREEBIES!
Dont forget to check our recommended kodiaddonz guide.