How to Install Popcorn Time on iOS, iPad and Apple Devices
Popcorn Time, commonly known as ‘Netflix for Pirates’, is among the many extensive apps to stream movies and TV shows online, that also absolutely free of charge. Originally created as a Windows-only program, its growing popularity has branched out various versions for Mac, Android, Linux and most recently, iOS. Despite the fact that it is now available on iOS 9/10 and higher, it still may trespass on certain copyright laws. Regardless of that, it is possible to install it on your iPhone or iPad with ease. Following is a complete guide on how to install Popcorn Time on iOS 9/10 or higher.
Don’t Forget to Read our best vpn app for iPhone Guide 2019 here: https://www.bestvpn.co/best-vpn-for-iphone/
How to Install Popcorn Time on iOS 9/10 or Higher without Jailbreak
Now we know many iPhone users do not favor jail-breaking their device, dreading the breach of their security and privacy. Totally understandable!
So we have compiled a step by step guide on how to install Popcorn Time on iOS without jailbreak. Here it goes:
- To begin with, go to Settings > General > Date & Time Settings.
- Turn off the ‘Set Automatically’ setting and change the date to August 1, 2014.
- Open your Safari Browser, go to Popcorn Time website, and download the iOS app (http://iosinstaller.com/popcorn-time/).
- Once downloaded, install the app to your iPhone or iPad.
- As soon as the app is installed on the device, you need to go to Settings > General > Date & Time settings and turn on the ‘Set Automatically’ setting and tap the ‘Trust’ on the pop-up window.
Once the aforementioned steps are completed, you can then begin streaming movies and your favorite TV shows such as game of thrones torrent on your device without jail breaking.
How to Install Popcorn Time on iOS 9/10 or higher without jailbreak using IPA
Another popular method of installing third party applications on iOS is by using an IPA file. To install Popcorn Time on your iOS 10 and higher by using a .ipa file, you need to have a developer account. The following guide uses Xcode (Xcode7 for iOS 9 or lower and Xcode8 for iOS 10 or higher) and illustrates how to install Popcorn Time on iOS through IPA.
- Download Popcorn Time IPA to side load the app on iOS 10 or higher without jailbreak.
- Once the file is downloaded, you can side load the IPA file on your iPhone or iPad by using Xcode, so to begin installation, open Xcode on your MAC.
- Go to Xcode > Preferences > Accounts and click the ‘+’ button as shown below.
- Sign in with your Apple developer account ID.
- Once signed in, download the source code of Popcorn Time and complete the setup.
- Unzip the downloaded source code after the setup is complete and open it (xx.xcodeproj) in Xcode.
- Now simply connect your iOS device to your MAC and let Xcode detect your device.
- Select destination as your iOS device by going to Product > Destination.
- Now simply generate a signing signature code for your app by going to the project on the left panel and change the Bundle Identifier.
- The format of the Bundle identifier should be like cydiabuzz.GBA4ios or anything you wish. Take a look at the picture below for reference.
- Now a warning message of “No matching provisioning profile found” will pop up in the same window.
- Select your name in the ‘Team’ box and then click on ‘Fix Issue’ underneath it and then allow Xcode to fix the issue.
- Now simply click on the Play button that will be at the top left. Xcode will begin compiling the source code on your iOS device and side load PopCorn Time to your device if there are no building errors.
- As soon as the installation is complete, go to Settings > General > Profile & Device management and Trust the developer. This is very important.
That is it, the clear step by step procedure to side load iOS apps using Xcode without jailbreak. Apps that need to be side loaded should be open source ones or you will be unable to side load these iOS apps. There are plenty of open source apps available to download from Bitbucket or GitHub.
How to Install Popcorn Time on iOS 9/10 or higher without Jailbreak using Pgyer
In my opinion, Pgyer is the most reliable and user-friendly method of installing third party applications on your iOS device. The best thing I like about this method is that you can share the link of the uploaded crack file with your friends and they can enjoy the perks of Popcorn Time. Now without further ado, let’s take a look at the step by step guide on how to install Popcorn Time on iOS 9 / 10 or higher below using Pgyer.
- To begin with, you need to create an account on Pgyer.
- After account creation, sign in & click ‘Publish‘ from the menu.
- Visit http://iphonecake.com and download the crack of Popcorn Time, which you will install on your iPhone or iPad without a jail break.
- Once the IPA has been downloaded, go back to the Pgyer tab and upload the cracked IPA of Popcorn Time.
- After successfully uploading Popcorn Time, you can further customize its title and description. You can also set up a password and even enter a custom URL.
- Once you are satisfied with the changes, click ‘Save Changes‘ at the bottom.
- Now from your iPhone or iPad, you need to visit the URL you had set up in step 5 by using Safari; it will ask for a password if you had inserted one.
- Click on the ‘Install App’ button and then click install once the pop up shows up.
- Popcorn Time will now begin downloading on your device.
Once Popcorn Time is downloaded on your device, open it and stream on!
How to Install Popcorn Time on iOS 9 / 10 or higher with Jailbreak using Cydia
To download PopCorn Time on a jailbroken iOS 9 / 10 or higher, you need to open Cydia. Here’s how to install Popcorn Time on iOS with jailbreak:
- Go to Sources > Edit > Add.
- Enter http://cydia.dtathemes.com/repo into the Enter Cydia / APT URL box
- After the above-mentioned repo has been installed, return to Cydia and open dtathemes Repo
- Press on dta-apps and then go to Popcorn Time
- Click Install and then Confirm.
- Once the installation is complete, return to Cydia and Popcorn Time will now be visible on your home screen. Now, let the streaming begin!
Popcorn Time iOS Not Working: A Detailed Look at Errors & Issues
Popcorn Time is not short of errors and issues. Under this section, I will take you around some common problems you might face while installing Popcorn Time on iOS. Similarly, I will also explore any possible solutions available in helping Popcorn Time users.
Popcorn Time Installer Not Working
There are different reasons why Popcorn Time installer may not be working. One of the issues relates to the version of Popcorn Time you are trying to install. For Windows, make sure Popcorn Time you are downloading is x86 or x64 bit, depending on your Windows version. Another way to overcome this issue is by uninstalling the software completely, even from the AppData\Local path, then whitelisting the app in your antivirus and then running Popcorn Time.
Popcorn Time Installer stuck on step 2
This is a chronic issue faced by many users on iOS devices. Popcorn Time does not move past the second step of installation. The issue is again down to incompatible versions of iOS. As one user on Reddit tried explaining this issue, a moderator guided him by asking to download the correct version from an authentic source.
Popcorn Time iOS Reddit
Popcorn Time has turned many heads over the years and its vibrant community on Reddit offers useful information and troubleshooting tips. You can also find solutions and answers on how to install Popcorn Time on iOS on Reddit. Many users are afraid of using the software due to its nature of operations. Legality seems to be a problem for many, but that hasn’t stopped streamers accessing their favorite content.
Many users are afraid of using the software due to its nature of operations. Legality seems to be a problem for many, but that hasn’t stopped streamers accessing their favorite content.
Before Popcorn Time’s release on iOS, many people faced a tough choice of jail breaking their iPhones or iPads.
With its gaining popularity, Popcorn Time has surely proved itself as one of the finest apps available today for online streaming. With a user-friendly interface, you can enjoy watching your favorite movies such as the hitmans bodyguard leaked torrent and TV shows online without the need of downloading a torrent. Using one of the above-mentioned methods on how to install Popcorn Time on iOS, you can get them buttered popcorns, sit back, relax and enjoy the show!